Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why They Should Be Tired (but aren't)











Or at least they won't admit it...These kids are wearing me out, anyway. It wasn't warm by Texas standards, but if the sun is out and it is above 70 F, these kids are begging for some summer like activity. Shivering with blue lips, they wholeheartedly enjoy themselves in freezing cold water. Other activities today included bike riding, a full Star Wars battle in the back yard, trampoline jumping, swinging, sliding, almost electrocuting themselves while Mommy hung up some of the clothes to dry...what? That doesn't sound like a typical summer activity. I only had a minor heart attack when I saw the water hose and kids very near the extension cord, transformer and electric pump I left unattended. Well, lesson learned and no harm done. Maybe just a few years off of Mommy's life. (By "transformer" I am not referring to the evil Decepticons or the good guy Autobots I might have been forced to watch in an unairconditioned movie theater on an anniversary date with my husband--though that would have been bad too. I am referring to the heavy, chunk of metal that accompanies our US appliances when in use).




After a day without nap time or even quiet time, these 3 are still up and enjoying some evening quiet time with a show and some books. How do they do it? Mommy is wiped out! The dance party after dinner always does me in, phew! (Yes, I dance and even though he won't admit it, Nathan occasionally joins in as well. If you watch closely, you'll see Hannah using some of my "moves". Poor misguided child.) Off to read some, snuggle some, say some prayers and tuck in some little monkeys...




After Dinner Dance Party from tsechief on Vimeo.

(Please excuse our son's wedgie from wearing last year's swimsuit...He was wearing one that fit today, but there were at least 6000 wardrobe changes today between the 3 kids...not to mention 3 or 4 towels a piece. I really should be doing laundry now rather than blogging.)


Kids Swimming from tsechief on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Exhaustion..... I hear you on that one!!!!!

I do want to come to your house because it looks like so much fun. I just want to hang out with you guys so bad. Can't wait until Dec when we have all the kiddos together.

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet