For the last couple of months, my dear husband has suggested (and by suggested, I mean, harassed me continually) that "we" have a "Blog-iversary". As he said, "We had a 'Plane-iversary', why not?"
Because it has been 4 years since this blog began and not 5, I have felt like a blog-iversary might not be absolutely necessary...but my husband is nothing if not persistent.
Hence, I am writing a little blurb to commemorate the 4 year anniversary of this blog (although, technically the actual date was yesterday) in the midst of the busyness of our lives right now.
As I'm typing this I am also giving Barbie fashion advice, listening to Sarah name every color on her dress and a beeping washing machine. We have more laundry waiting in line on the floor, birthday party invitations to deliver and are hosting an introduction for new families and kids at our house this afternoon. Even with the ridiculous late night hours we have been keeping, there are just not enough hours in the day! The kids are exhausted from the late hours and last week's travel. In one week we visited Paris, Brugges and Cologne with our Memaw, Aunt Deedee and cousins. They left for London on Monday and will return this evening until Saturday. As we have spent so much time showing them every other place, we hope to show them around here on those last two days. In all of the excitement of Paris and London, it is easy to overlook showing them where our Daddy works, kids go to school and those simple things.
We have just 10 days before Nathan's Star Wars Birthday Party Episode VII. Less than a week before I take on helping with the preschool part of the VBS (for which I have not even seen the program, YIKES!). 2 1/2 weeks before school begins and (this one really caught me off guard) just 6 weeks until we leave for Hong Kong! Where does the time go?
I hope this blog entry lives up to my husband's vision. I am not thinking very creatively with all of the beeping, color practicing and helping with the Barbie fashion show...I'll be back with pictures from last week's travel soon (I hope).
Happy Anniversary, Blog. You've been good to me for the last 4 years and one day I know I'll be so glad to have all of the memories (assuming Blogger doesn't lose it all before I get organized enough put it into book form, as I have planned). So, thanks.
(The beeping is starting to make me crazy...I don't normally speak to my blog as if he/she were a person. Promise.)
4 comments:
Happy blog bday. Don't know what I would do without it. I can still remember even before I had Jules sitting up the entire night catching up on what I had missed.
Hope you are having a great time with your visitors!
Hi Nicci! Can you send me your gmail email so I can send you an invite to my blog? I made it private. Email me at laurabuchhorn@yahoo.com
What's with Hong Kong? A trip or are you relocating there????
We're just going for a family wedding. So excited! A first trip for the kids and I. No relocation plans yet.
Post a Comment