Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back To School Highlights: Week 2



It wouldn't be our house if we had it together enough to get photo documentation of the first day...this is day 2, but she's too cute. Who cares?








Who is that smiling, cooperative girl next to her? We're pretty sure she's the same one from last week, but you'd never know it.



2nd grade homework is a little more frequent than 1st grade. I'm reacquainting myself with grammatical terms.
I'm loving "homework time" this year. This week everyone has joined in the fun. Big brother is very tolerant of the interruptions and thanks to early bed times and naps, the girls are having a great week.
No pictures for this one, but we had cause to do the "Poo poo in the Potty" dance on Wednesday. I was on the phone when she informed me and I didn't rush over due to all of the false alarms. This was no false alarm! I was the only one home so we had to call Daddy to celebrate! We're still waiting on the repeat.
This has nothing to do with back to school, but still a highlight. Twelve years ago, a boy and a girl finally figured out friendship is good, but dating is better. They weren't thinking about marriage or kids and definitely were not thinking about Belgium.
Recently we saw our neighbor (who babysits for the kids occasionally) walking down the street with her boyfriend. As we drove past I said, "Oh, look at Miss Ruth and her boyfriend!" (Not in a "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" kind of way, but sweet). Hannah said, "Mommy, I'm glad Daddy is your boyfriend".
Me too.

1 comment:

Eigna said...

Can't believe how big they look. :) Love keeping up with you all on your blog. Miss you! :)

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet