Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sleepin' With One Eye Open


Does this look like the face of a slightly jaded turtle terrapin?

Would you want to look at the person who tried to suffocate you when you were just trying to take a nice long nap?

Me either. I don't blame him for turning his back on me as I tried to take his picture or for the suspicious sideways looks I've gotten every time I've entered the room to pack for Nathan.

Did you know that these guys can hibernate? Clearly I didn't.

To be fair, he would not wake up on Tuesday night and his possible hibernation most certainly mimicked death. I thought he was on his last leg yesterday, but perhaps I forgot to take into account that he was nearly asphyxiated by this completely well intentioned mom.

I feel so, so terrible. Hopefully I can regain his trust. Packing is coming together. Daddy comes home tonight. We're leaving tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I tried to leave several comments yesterday but it wasn't working. I laughed so hard, is that disturbing????? Thanks for the laugh I needed it!!

The Crites Family said...

LOL I was going to say, 'is it disturbing that I'm laughing about your disturbia?' I'm sorry all that happened, but your flare for writing has made it slightly humorous! So sorry you had to go through that....hope you get out of Belgium and on to HK!! That should be simply amazing!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet