Turtle Yoga Pose (hard to tell, but his back foot is
suspended--his upper body strength must be awesome ;0)
Another Angle of Turtle Yoga
Zen is butterfly face painting complete with sparkles
with fangs, fairy wings and Minnie
Mouse ears
viewed from a friend's backyard
at their pumpkin carving party
(Of course, Hannah would not pose
for a picture with it and wouldn't
even stay in view of the camera...her friends
were playing Frisbee and couldn't be persuaded
to pose either).
I have a list of excuses as to why I have not finished going through hundreds of Hong Kong pictures and as to why this post is not about the trip or any of those pictures, but one of the excuses is that I don't have time to type out that list.
I am making progress on the pictures. According to my son's teacher at last week's conference, my son said that his dad has almost finished organizing the pictures for a slide show so that he can present it to the class. I guess it is partially fault that my son had that impression since I told him the slide show would have to wait until Daddy gets back. There is no confusion on the part of the teacher or my son any longer. I had a rough week and I was all about making sure everyone knew just how much I was doing. Yeah, these are the moments when I would like to request a do-over.
Daddy is back and although he is jet-lagged, he jumped right back into the middle of our lives. He is so very good at that.
I'm not really posting to give excuses as to why I'm not posting. That would be ridiculous. I am posting because for the last few days, I have caught our turtle in the most interesting poses as he basks (sunbathes) on top of his rock (and today I actually took a picture). After today's pose, I have come to the conclusion that he must be practicing yoga. He was given a second chance at life and is searching for zen. Perhaps I should take some cues.
There are other things going on in our lives besides a happy turtle and photo organization. We had a late return of our Daddy thanks to more airline delays in South America resulting in the world's shortest weekend. We still managed to squeeze in soccer, Halloween parties, church and a birthday party. And now another busy week ahead--but this one includes our Daddy. Our 3rd International Festival is coming up on Friday. I wish I could truly capture the atmosphere for the blog. I love, love, love this part of the school year and am so looking forward to it.
There is so much more about the Hong Kong trip I'd like to post and I, I mean my son's dad, really needs to get busy putting together that slide show to keep the trip fresh in his mind too.
I just had to post some pictures of our yogi turtle and other signs of zen in our lives. After last week, I needed some reminders...
2 comments:
It is amazing how our wonderful husbands make us feel so much better:) I am sorry you had such a tough week. Three little ones on your own plus all their activities is no easy feat. Even if there are times we wish we could take back in the end they still love us! YOu are an amamzing mom!
It is amazing how our wonderful husbands make us feel so much better:) I am sorry you had such a tough week. Three little ones on your own plus all their activities is no easy feat. Even if there are times we wish we could take back in the end they still love us! YOu are an amamzing mom!
Post a Comment