Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It's Baaaa--aaaaack



Wouldn't you know it? I had just talked to my husband and gave the update. Kids have been pretty good today, but tired and watched too much TV. We read lots of books before bed and they were all in bed by 7:30...


I was just sitting down to read a little and drink my re-heated tea that I had forgotten earlier when I heard something familiar.


Our Hannah was once best known for her unbelievably strong gag reflex. She has thrown up more than the other two combined. As a baby she threw up in her sleep without even waking up countless times. Generally if she was coughing, we could expect the cough to result in vomit. Every. Time.


For the most part she has outgrown that. I was warned that on her first trip to the dentist I should have a change of clothing just in case (she was only a year old at the time so I probably would have had a change of clothes anyway), but she has never had that issue at the dentist.


Tonight when I went up to see what was wrong, she was crying very hard. The hard part of the crying was not because she coughed so hard that she threw up, but because: "I throwed up! I throwed up on Carl!"


Because our washer and dryer are not the same ones I drool over every time I see Kelly Rippa's commercial, Hannah had to say goodnight to Carl. He has gone to take a bath with the sheets and mattress cover. My washing machine is not very happy with the size of that load and most likely, something will have to go in for round two, but I do NOT want to be up half the night waiting for the sheets and Carl to be clean and dry so I took a chance.


And now I wait. Hoping she really doesn't have a tummy ache as she said she did not and that the old gag reflex came back just for a one time show--lest we forget how blessed we are that these nights are few and the non-throw up nights are plenty. Thank goodness Daddy comes home tomorrow. If we are going to have the stomach flu run rampant through our house...I need my back up! (And he is a great back up...Although there was one night when one of our children threw up on me and after I frantically woke him for help, he jumped up, ran around in circles and brought me the tiniest washcloth I have ever seen. That was in the beginning though and the effort was valiant.  And this has nothing to do with the gag reflex or vomiting, but I just laughed out loud so I have to put it down for memory's sake...Once before Nathan was born when we were living in Plano, our house alarm went off randomly in the middle of the night.  My husband jumped frantically out of bed and began smacking his alarm clock repeatedly.  It took him several minutes to fully wake up and realize what the loud noise actually was.  I felt so safe after that. ;0)


Off to re-heat that tea again and hope I don't hear anymore coughing.

After looking back at some pictures (I'm feeling nostalgic about her turning 5 this month), it could have been what she was eating during the day rather than the gag reflex...dirt, dog food, dog food again...isn't she such a cutie pie though?  How is she almost 5?

No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet