I took 5 or 6 of this group shot, but it is hard enough to get my own 3 children to pose for a photograph. Adding 3 more, this is the best we could get(even with two more moms). They were not thrilled about the photo op, but thrilled to be at Disneyland and most of all to be with each other.
You know that line in The Money Pit? It is running through my head now that I'm actually sitting down to process this. We are moving.Not in two weeks, but it feels like it might as well be. Our plan (as crazy as it sounds) is to be on a plane back to the US in about 1 month. ONE MONTH!!!?!?!?!? ONE MONTH?!?!?!?!
One might ask, what in the world am I doing blogging? I am fairly certain there are about 6 million things that I need to be doing, but right now I'm updating our lives because that's what I do. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this myself. It is exciting and sad, ridiculous and logical (to us) all at the same time.
This feels a little like deja vu, but I only need to glance back our archives from 3 years ago (almost to the date) to see that we've been through this before. Only the ages of the kids and the direction of the plane have changed.
We've just gotten back from a very quick and action packed trip to Disneyland Paris. It was just a moms and kids trip with two other moms and 3 other kids. It was a lot of work, but a fun way to spend a day playing hooky and another scheduled inservice day during the week. It feels like someone flipped the switch and spring has arrived. We enjoyed two days of sunshine and mild weather although it seems the exact same crowd as all of the other times we've gone to Disneyland--midweek or not.
One might ask, how we all are doing? Well, that depends on the moment one might ask. The kids all seemed relieved to know that we are actually moving and not just "probably" moving or "maybe" moving. The girls were excited when we first told them the news, but the reality of how quickly they will be pulled from their friends is too much for either one of them to grasp. Their older brother, however, fully understands and he is sad. He understands our reasoning, but it will be hard for him to leave behind his friends, his awesome teacher and the only school he has ever really known. It is so heartbreaking to watch him hurting, but my heart knows that it will be painful for him no matter when we leave and he will be fine once we get settled.
I am scattered to say the least, but feeling okay considering that our lives are about to turn upside down again. We say goodbye to our Daddy again on Sunday for 2 weeks (Two Weeks??!? Two Weeks?!?!) and the packing and leaving will happen during the first 2-3 weeks of April. Whew!
To those of you reading this on the other side, we can't wait to see you! We will miss so many people here, but it feels so great to be going home. So good. For now I just ask for your prayers as I go through these next two weeks solo and the missing details fall into place. Especially pray for the little people and their broken hearts as they say goodbye.
Our Hannah went on her first roller coaster ride this trip thanks to the presence of our much more daring friends. After that one experience, she was done with roller coasters and spend the rest of the trip with mom and little sis. She was torn between leaving behind the "magic" of Disney for the more big kid version...more about the fast rides, but when
it was just the 3 of us, she searched out princesses, explored Sleeping Beauty's castle, and helped her little sister say "Hi" to Pooh and his friends.
Ignore the blue lips here...she was freezing, but so happy to be in her own teacup ride that she had fun in spite of the fact that we left her sweater in the stroller.
4 comments:
Well, a few things are running through my head after reading your post...
1) I am glad you have learned "your fate" and aren't in limbo anymore.
2) Am I correct in assuming you are going back to Michigan?
3) I will definitely be praying for you. I hope all goes well with the packing, moving, and leaving Belgium. I know it will be hard as any move is, but I know you guys will be just fine after it's all said and done.
4) Love you and miss you guys. I hope this means we get to see you sooner rather than later.
Yes, did I not mention where we are moving? Put your hands up for Detroit!
Thanks for the prayers, Syd. We miss you guys too and we hope to make a drive down to Texas this summer both to DFW and SA so if you happen to be in either place this summer (late July, early Aug most likely), we'd love to see you!
Can't wait to see Mr. Handsome.
All the crazies will be worth it and just think in one month you can visit Target every day!!!! It is therapy for me to just walk the aisles and not even have to buy anything. Thinking about you!!!
Do you know where you all are going yet? I am excited for you, but I know it is going to be stressful. Hope all goes well! Will be thinking about you! :)
Post a Comment