Sending a bag of 30 How The Grinch Stole Christmas pencils to school with my new 6 year old tomorrow. They were purchased this evening--Target's Dollar Spot.
We've had a lot of behavior troubles lately--the gift we gave her a week ago, has been put in a time out at least three times this week. Tonight when I got all mushy and sentimental telling her she'd go to bed a five year old and wake up a six year old, she got very serious and said, "I'm going to try really hard, Mom". The result of being told too many times in frustration that she isn't acting like someone who is turning 6. Ouch. I should probably point out to myself that I don't always act like someone turning 35, or even someone turning 6 for that matter.
Looking forward to celebrating our 6 year old tomorrow with a lot more grace than we've shown these last couple of weeks. Just one full day tomorrow & half day Tuesday. One more short trip for Daddy. Thanksgiving feasts to be celebrated at school-- a "pow wow" in which there will at least be a quart of half and half (because I am supplying it) for Nathan, and fruit salads for each of the girls. Hannah wants to bring oranges and Sarah wants to bring "bamamas". Never before have they been so excited about Thanksgiving--each of them have asked if we are having turkey, hence the one in our freezer now.
Because we don't have much in the way of Thanksgiving decor, we have implemented the "string art" method we borrowed from my friend Jennifer to display their lovely art. Three turkeys--Hannah's on top, Sarah's in the middle and Nathan's on bottom.
We also have this lovely pilgrim centerpiece made by Hannah. :)
Feeling thankful.
1 comment:
i would have caved too:) Also like the string idea. Julia won't let me throw anything away so i have artwork everywhere!
happpppppy bdayyyyyyyyy
HANNAH!
Post a Comment