Sunday, April 24, 2011
Oh, Happy Day!
Heard this song for the first time in church this morning. Loved it!
After a spring break that started off like this:
I must admit I've been less than uplifting and positive this week. Having Daddy home to entertain the troops helped. He's been busy with one project after another. The snow melted after a few hours, but we didn't have outside weather until Thursday. That happened to be the one day the big kids had something indoors planned with Daddy at least most of the day. We've had play dates and sleepovers and museum visits. We've had grumpiness and fighting and more grumpiness...I take the blame for most of the grumpiness.
Here's one of my best cheerleaders. Handing out Hannah hugs whenever needed.
And beautiful princesses and fairies.
Slam dunk contests in the basement.
More cheer leading.
Fancy posers.
We've learned to take our sunshine any way we can get it.
We hunted eggs on Saturday. Our kids didn't question how that was possible--one of the side effects of the Belgian years I guess. Nathan was the only one who remembered the bells that delivered chocolate there as opposed to a bunny delivering eggs. They knew I hid the eggs while they made a quick trip to Home Depot for one last garden item and it didn't take away from their excitement.
Well, probably not one last garden item. Just the last item for that particular day.
Is this the last year we can expect to see Nathan hunting eggs with a basket? He has really been trying to grow up on us lately. However, the boy does love candy so he might go along with it as long as possible.
Did I mention he's competitive? They all are.
They kept track of how many they each had.
Then divided them up equally.
Happy faces in the end...still managed to help out with the garden a little.
We know it is too early, but we couldn't resist that weather. A friend said she thought that was "bold" of us. I much prefer that word to "stupid" or "ignorant" which might be what she really meant. :)
Chicken Parmesan Pizza for dinner. My first time making pizza dough--needs some work, but the top part of the pizza was yum, yum, yummo! We've had it before just with store bought crust.
Happy Easter morning! Rather eclectic Easter outfits, but it wasn't quite warm yet and the church we attend has a very "come as you are" attitude. Something I fully realized the other evening at Nathan's class musical when he dressed in "church clothes" as requested (for him a collared shirt and jeans) and many other boys were wearing ties and some suits--I hate that it bothered me, but it did...a little. They all had baths last night...girls had blow outs and pedicures by Mommy. So we were fancy...in our own way. :)
And our "bold" garden. We have really not a clue what we're doing, but we're just happy to be outside! Oh Happy Day! Sing it out--Jesus is Alive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Little Tse Feet
1 comment:
The pizza looks fantastic!! Making me hungry. I had a very not positive week last week. I started Monday off at school telling myself all day that I needed to be more positive that I cannot be upset by others decisions. What I have noticed in two days is I am a lot less stressed. Lets see if I can go all week:)
Post a Comment