When I last left off (prior to my little tantrum in the last post), we were just back from a lovely afternoon at the Buffalo Zoo...
Gujei Kathy put together the most awesome spread. Dumplings, noodles, rack of lamb (her specialty and so, so delicious), mushrooms...I think there was more and originally I set out to take pictures, but this is as far as I got...
I took this picture and then looked over at my son. He was hunched over silently holding onto his cheek. When I asked him what was wrong, he pointed at his face and all I saw was blood and a hole. This child.
Needless to say my photo shoot was interrupted while we inspected the wound (not as bad as I originally thought) and while Larry rushed off to a pharmacy for butterfly bandages.
He was patched up and back in business in no time.
Not only did Larry save the day by rushing out to get the bandages, he immediately began throwing the football with our little guy who was having withdrawals from not throwing a ball around for something like two days.
Of course, he didn't leave the girls out either. Note Sarah's patient pose.
There we go. Oh, and Aunt Daphne is way nicer than Mommy and Daddy who aren't exactly as generous with the camera time. Hannah was loving the freedom of using a grown up camera by herself.
Dinner was fantastic even if my photos leave much to be desired. Aunt Daphne's are much, much better. You know the ones on the DVD. The ones I can't put on the blog. Those ones.
Dessert was cheesecake by Auntie Kathy.
And carrot cake by Aunt Daphne.
Another day, another bandage, and more ice cream. Such is the life of our almost nine year old.
More Strawberry ice cream for this one. I'm fairly certain she sampled each dessert.
After dinner and dessert (and jammies for the kids) were several very intense games of bingo. Each member of Larry's family won and very generously shared their winnings with our children.
Then on to a very silly photo shoot.
Here is the only decent picture I have of Larry's parents. Hopefully they were thinking "Oh how cute!" and not "Oh how obnoxious!" about three children on sugar highs, acting like little maniacs with Aunt Daphne and their son.
Lots of fun.
A side of Nathan we rarely see, but he does let his hair down on occasion.
And there comes a point when everyone realizes it is time to reign them in...
Thank you Auntie Kathy for your hospitality and for hosting such a great party. Everything was fantastic!
The next day we loaded up and headed to Canada...to be continued again...
No comments:
Post a Comment