Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back to School

At times it was a loooooong summer.  Even with all of the visitors, some of us were sooo ready for school to start last week.  The first week flew by.  This picture was taken on the first half day for the big kids.  A half day I spent replenishing our grocery supply since I had completely slacked in that department with our last visitors.  Wednesday morning I dropped off a 1st grader and a 4th grader for the entire day and my big 4 year old preschooler for 3 solid hours of freedom.  I went to the gym alone, came home and used the computer alone, then took a shower alone.  It was heavenly.  I have one pathetic picture of Sarah's first day and I haven't even uploaded it yet.  She loves her school and loves her teachers, one from last year, one new.  First grade is fantastic--even with not a single classmate from her morning kindergarten class, Hannah is thrilled with school, eating lunch in the cafeteria and her new teacher.  Fourth grade also a hit.  He happens to be in the 4th/5th split classroom--a class of 20 4th graders and 9 5th graders.  His teacher told the class they were especially chosen for the class because they are independent workers and advanced in their reading.  They are also the first class to be safetys this month and he is thrilled with responsibility of watching first graders during indoor recess.  I couldn't have asked for a better first week.

There is a lot of catching up to do after a month of visitors.  A lot of catching up to do that so far was squeezed in along with making lunches and snacks for all three, gathering school supplies, filling out paperwork, planning a birthday party, dance class, flag football team meetings...  Saturday afternoon we entertained 6 other little boys along with our three and then kept 3 of the 6 overnight.  Today was a blur of getting 6 kids to church, serving snacks and cleaning up, a quick lunch, flag football practice, then game,  and finally softball for the dad--who has also been working very hard this evening to clean my nemesis for the past year--my whirlpool bathtub...we finally think we have it figured out...again.

I'm not all caught up yet, but does anyone ever really get all caught up?  The desk and my head are cluttered with to-do's.  I'm trying to take a deep breath and enjoy the fall since sometimes I forgot to enjoy the summer.  And now it's gone.

This week is going to be another busy week--gymnastics, dance classes, back to school night, first grade meet and greet...good thing our daddy is not traveling...this week anyway.  Yep, we're back to school.

No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet