Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Timeline

Two posts ago I claimed I was filling in blanks.  I missed many.  I've slacked in photo taking and uploading as of late, but thanks to a phone dump (although my phone does not conveniently dump directly to the blog causing much more work than that term implies) and facebook's timeline (I'm actually a fan) I think I can do a little bit better.
Somehow I missed the beginning and end of a new round of swimming lessons for this girl.
I didn't get a video of her swim test, but she swam 25 meters backstroke without touching the sides or bottom of the pool.  Now all three children can be 10 feet away from me.  Can you feel the freedom?

Although I did cover Mother's Day--here's the photographic evidence.  Sarah and friends singing songs that conveniently spell both "M-O-M-M-Y" and "D-A-D-D-Y"...vaguely reminiscent of Woody Harrelson's ode to K-E-L-L-Y long ago on a show my D-A-D-D-Y and M-O-M-M-Y both loved. 
Somehow I've missed an entire year of Daisies on the blog.  It wasn't too much of a time commitment, but because of dance class conflict for the little one, I felt like I was constantly dropping and running.  I've learned to ask for and accept help this year--so hard for some reason.

They are precious--and LOUD! 

 
Closest we can get to Texas--this is one of my favorite pictures ever.  Just a random Saturday dinner out.
Sarah and I attended the first grade power point presentations.  Hannah's was on the kangaroo and there's video, but blogger doesn't like to upload my videos so no proof here.  We then headed over to Nathan's classroom for a little shopping at the Tyler's Trading Post.  4th Grade Mini-society is awesome.  A tie was required.  He made and sold baseball cards.
I was able to help out at Field Day this year while Dad actually was able to attend Donuts with Dad, as himself. 


Hannah has super sweet friends.
It is much harder to track down and document the boy and his friends and was entirely too bright to determine who's eyes might be open or closed.
Sarah spent the entire afternoon watching the Field Day festivities and waited patiently until her sister was at gymnastics and her brother was at baseball practice for the promised trip to the sprayground and park.
More sprayground before the hottest baseball game of the year.
Shade, snacks and bubbles keep them mostly happy for the two hour games every week.
Although it was nice and warm and sunny every day for about a week prior, it was less than warm and nice and sunny for the preschool picnic.  Grace, Kayla and Sarah still had fun and hit the spraypark anyway.



Last weekend we dropped Sarah at Grace's house for breakfast and these two ran their first 5K ever with Daddy.  I ran my first official 10K. 
We were supposed to run as the Statue of Liberty, but we deemed it entirely too hot.  We did however participate in the breaking of the world record of the most people dressed as a national monument.  World records are weird.  We did the cha-cha slide and the chicken dance and had our picture taken...
Weird, right?
Up early for the run and up late for fireworks. 
All that after a late night of carnival rides on the last half-day of school.


Liberty Fest was a huge hit!

This week the girls are repeating last year's VBS.  Yes, it has been THAT hot.  The "fun" raiser on Tuesday was a sweaty bounce house, face paint melting, snow cone chugging scorcher.
And it is still HOT.  Hot enough for another afternoon at the spraypark and ice cream at the very un-Texas DQ with Nathan's best friend, Josh and his little brother Brandon.  No beltbusters or hungerbusters here--just ice cream.  Well and some sort of microwaved hot dogs--no thanks.  (Hannah was playing at a friend's house).
The mini-society experience has prompted a completely child-organized-and-run sale of popsicle stick men (designed and created by Hannah and Sarah) and 10 cent cups of water in our driveway.  They made about $6 with which they bought two boxes of Cheerios to donate to a food clinic.  Since then they have taken part in two other kid organized and run lemonade/treat stands--here is where my photo slacking is evidenced.  They had much bigger profits.  Josh and Brandon (above) live about 5 houses down from our old (now empty and foreclosed, sad looking) house.  Living on a cut-through street has it's advantages.  They made over $20 in a couple of hours.  The money is meant for "charity", but Brandon (being only 7) didn't quite understand that "charity" wasn't his piggy bank so his mom is still working that out.
Even though today is technically the official first day of summer-it feels like we've been doing summer for a while now.  We've learned to embrace the sun and fun while we can.
And we're finding lots of ways to stay cool...





Happy Summer!



No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet