Last Wednesday was the last cast-day. It was a several hour process including drive, park and wait time, but it's off!
Such a cooperative x-ray patient.
All better. So not fun seeing the pins, thinking about the pins, getting the pins out...nothing about the pins was fun except for the part where they helped her arm grow back together. :)
There is no photo documentation of the cast removal. She was not happy about any part of it. She did not want to keep the cast and when asked, looked at the surgeon as if he had multiple heads and as if she could make him disappear if she really, really wanted it badly enough.
Celebratory lunch at McD's before heading back to school. She wasn't quite ready to use it until later that afternoon in dance class. Less than a week later, you'd almost never know.
Here she is after a visit to our couch salon yesterday evening. Tommy, Grace and Sadie spent Saturday and Sunday with us while their dad ran the Chicago marathon. I didn't get many pictures. If I had six kids, I would either be cleaning even more constantly than I already am, or I would have to really, really change my expectations. And maybe get a padded room.
The added mess was partly because we decided it had been a while since we'd actually gone out, so, we went out. Seinfeld playing right across the street from the Tigers in The D. And speaking of Tigers.....
Congratulations are way overdue to our 2nd place fall ball Tigers. They won the first play-off game and lost (though it was to the travel team who joins this league in the off season--don't get me started on how unfair that seems) in the final game.
I could tell he was not thrilled after the game and it really isn't like him to get terribly upset about losing to this team in particular. The last time they played them, it wasn't even close--this time it was a respectable loss. Turns out he did not understand why some of the kids were crying as it became more apparent they might lose.
He said, "I was trying to get them back up, Mom, but they just wouldn't". We had to have a little talk about how everyone handles things differently and how he is just going to have learn to roll with it.
Frostys all around on the drive home and all was right with the world again. Even with Daddy only being updated by text while in NOLA and the girls and I missing a lot of the game due to dance class runs in between. So proud of our Tigers.
These kids are all from our elementary school. He had a really great time playing with this group of kids. Great coach, great parents, great team and a fun season...
Well, minus the broken arm. But that's all better...
We even put her back to work.
Because at this time of year, where there are trees...
There are leaves.
And pure joy.




No comments:
Post a Comment