Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Today might be the first official day of spring, but I'm not feeling it.  I'm thankful that at least the sun is shining and thinking about melting the snow we got yesterday.

It may just be spring today, but spring cleaning has been going on in this house since we moved in (on Groundhog Day, no less).  Our weekends have consisted of frequent trips to home improvement places.  This man has been on top of the projects.  Curtains are hung, the dirtiest chandelier in the world is now the cleanest.  Sarah's clothes now hang at Sarah level in her closet.  We are still looking at a carpet runner for the stairs and maybe later replacement carpet for all of the upstairs, even later a back splash in the kitchen and replacement lighting under the cabinets.  All in good time.

After quite a bit of research and conversation with those who experienced the last two Halloweens sans electricity, a generator now resides in our garage.  The garage: the last part of the house waiting to be organized.  We're thinking about a riding lawnmower and starting to think about pool maintenance.  It never ends...

March is flying by.  This has been our view for most of the month:
We had one day that crept over 50, but the ten day forecast remains depressing so I'm trying not to check it.  I check it often enough to try and stay one step ahead of school delays or closures.  (Two hour delay yesterday).
Two weeks after Hannah was down with strep throat and a nasty cold, Sarah was down.
She was literally sick for a full week.  It was rough.  She's back to herself now.
Hannah was looking much better, but yesterday a cold started creeping in again.  Hopefully she can fight this one off.  She went to a spa birthday party a few weeks ago.  Had her first real mani, pedi, updo, and professional make-up.  She had such a great time.  She is super excited about her field trip to NYC and the Natural History Museum with her class next week.  We've got to make sure she gets rid of this next nasty cold so that she is well enough to go and enjoy the field trip.

The phone pics are slim this month and the camera pics non-existent.  Nathan started baseball clinics indoors a couple of weeks ago.  The girls are signed up for softball and t-ball.  The basement has been converted to an indoor sports arena.  Seriously there has been batting, throwing and catching going on down there.  One perk of having a partially finished basement--also much less for mom to clean!

This is spring conference week and the older two have half days for the rest of the week.  Sarah has her normal schedule.  Another time I am super thankful that I'm home to coordinate the drop offs and pick ups.

Well, I'm even boring myself...I guess we've reached mundane in New Jersey.  It feels kind of nice after the whirlwind of the last few months.  So we'll take it.  Spring may not be here yet, but we're ready.  And we'll try to be more interesting in the meantime. :)


1 comment:

Kat said...

Oh you mean I should fix my girls closets so they can get their own clothes. That is pretty brilliant. 3 years in this house and we still haven't done that!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet