Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Freud, You're Annoying



Okay, so it is not the psychologists of the world who are annoying, it is my daughter, but I would feel guilty using that as my title.
So we've reached the fun toddler stage where Hannah does completely the opposite of what she's told. She throws all food and drink to the floor and proceeds to step on and crunch most of it before I get a chance to pick it up. She laughs hysterically as she runs from me. She pushes, hits and scratches her brother for no reason. She also bites him and steals his toys.
In nursing school I learned all about the stages of development and I know this is all normal, but I held on to the hope, as most parents do, that my precious baby would not be the little stinker she has become.
On the way home from the park this afternoon as Hannah repeatedly hit and scratched her brother just because he was sitting next to her and she could, Nathan grumbled, "We've got to get rid of this baby!"

After a nice laugh, I informed him that we are not going to get rid of her and that if we're patient, she'll magically transform into a really cool kid just like him.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

I am seriously cracking up over here! I just 10 minutes ago helped Garrett make a sign that says, "You are not allowed in my room, Camryn." I gave him the letters & he made the sign on his own.

Here are a few other random facts about life with Camryn right now:

1)"Camryn is such a pesky little thing" is uttered by Garrett at least once a day! Also "CAMMMMMRRRYYYNNNNN don't!!!" & "Camryn is doing "xyz", make her stop!" are big players as well.

2) Her own Great Grandmother spanked her & put her in time out yesterday. How bad do you have to be for your GiGi to do that?! Whatever she did, it was obviously well-deserved punishment (you know my grandmother!).

3) Her new favorite past-time is walking up to her unsuspecting brother & smaking him on his head (with both hands on either side)!

Should I go on? I can you know! Minus the biting & scratching, it seems as though we've given birth to the same little girl. She has rightfully earned her nickname of "Little Miss Toot" and/or "Tottie Pants".

Must be a little sister thing. All I can say is that Garrett leveled out & hopefully she'll do the same! UGH!

Gotta run, I've just been told, "Camryn is climbing up on my top bunk!!!!!"

Kellee said...

That should have been Tootie Pants on the nickname.

Crisis averted although when I got in there she was on the top step!

~Shelia said...

Welcome to the world of having a big brother and little sister. Things are no different in this house. I absolutely second everything Kellee said... minus the bunkbed stuff (we don't have on for obvious reasons!).

We always thought Duncan was a handful, but he is nothing compared to Maddie. She is forever doing things first to get to Duncan. I swear it must be a girl thing. AND you know the funny thing? She loves him and misses him terribly when he isn't around, and vice versa. He is, in her words, "my Duncan".

But all that said, I sure love our little Miss Toot!

Keep your chin up... she has to sleep sometime!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet