Did you know 3 1/2 year olds can get mail? They can. This week I was surprised to find two letters with Nathan's name on them. One of them was a thank you note for a birthday gift. The other one was from the same friend. Nathan was so excited and opened them right away. "What does it say, Mommy?"
I read him the thank you note word for word. On the other one, I hesitated. It was a kid chain letter. Yes, the wording was all cute and it was called a "sticker club", but I wasn't fooled. I tried to explain the concept, but Nathan was stuck at the word sticker. "Where are the stickers, Mommy?" "I got stickers!?" "Why don't we just give the stickers to Brevin?" (His friend.) "No, Mom, he lives in Michigan. We don't have to mail them".
Okay, so I got tired of trying to explain and distracted him with some other activity. I didn't forget about the letter though. I just thought of how excited little Brevin must have been as he actually signed his letter. (He's 5 years old.) I just couldn't disappoint him. So I started thinking. Can I get this done in 6 days? Oh well, most of them don't have a concept of 6 days so I'm sure it will be fine if we're a little late. Does Nathan have 6 friends? Well, not here. Yes, I could think of 6 unsuspecting friends. (Warning: To several of you who read this you might be getting a little surprise in the mail addressed to your child closest in age to Nathan.)
So today I bought the package of stickers to send to the sweet little girl in the #1 spot on our letter and put them in an envelope. Then I proceeded to make copies for 6 of Nathan's little friends and addressed the envelopes as well. Nathan isn't able to write his name quite yet. He can type it, but that didn't really help us out so I signed for him. I tried my explanation again. Again he got into how we could just take stickers to our friends in Michigan. He came up with a new one tonight. He thought it was too windy to mail our letters to Texas. Not sure about that one.
So I just finished getting Nathan's chain letters mailed at 11 pm. I think I am under the 6 days, but not sure. To those who get a surprise in the mail, no hard feelings if you don't have time or energy to invest in this little project. Nathan will forget all about it by tomorrow. If he doesn't, I bought an extra package of stickers at the store. Just in case.
1 comment:
Uh...yeah...thanks for drawing us into your little "chain gang!"
Post a Comment