Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tallulah, What Are You?

While sitting on the couch "reading" Maisy Takes A Bath, Hannah turned to the page where Tallulah joins Maisy in the tub points, and says, "Duck, duck, duck!"

(She calls every bird a duck and has this look of complete satisfaction and pride every time she points one out to us.)

Nathan sitting next to her, takes the book, looks at the page and says, "Umm Hannah, Tallulah is not a duck. She is a chicken".

Hannah, "Duck!"

I then carefully inspected the book and I have no idea if Tallulah is a duck or a chicken, but I laughed so hard I cried when I heard the above conversation. Because I already described this through laughing tears to my husband on the phone, I realize it is one of those you have to be here moments and I don't mean just physically here, but here as in this crazed-stay-at-home-all-day-with-children-state-of-mind where things like "is Tallulah a duck or a chicken" are actually funny.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

I'm laughing at both of you! Mostly because I've done the same thing. Esp. with Miss Spider. How come all of her kids are different types of bugs? Strange.

And I actually googled Tallulah (I know, NO LIFE!)& she is, in fact, a baby chicken. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maisy_Mouse

Sorry Hannah.

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet