My babies did not have a good day today. It actually started last night. Poor Hannah asked to go to bed without eating much because "My tummy hurt". She woke up very hot and moaning around 2 AM. Mommy gave her some Motrin and water, which promptly came back up at 2:30 AM. Since she had pink sticky stuff in her hair and everywhere, she had to have a bath. We got everything cleaned up including Sarah who spit up just a bit in the middle of everything. Nathan was moved to the floor and back to the bed once the sheets were changed and slept through the whole thing. Sweet Hannah went back to sleep right away, but I had a hard time falling back to sleep, listening for any little hint that she might have a repeat performance. By the time I finally closed my eyes, it was time to get up and make sure Sarah ate no less than 3 hours before her kidney ultrasound. Unfortunately, Sarah did not want to eat much at that time so she started getting grumpy about an hour before we needed to leave to get her there on time. Hannah woke up in a fairly good mood. But her tummy was hurting all morning and she went through several diapers and two pair of pants before we left the house.
The window guys were here bright and early and promptly removed our old window. Because it was 26 degrees outside, it was not very pleasant in here with no window. Poor Hannah was shivering every time I changed her diaper. All three kids were on the couch under blankets until we left. To top it off, we had to move the car out of the garage and across the street to make room for the workers and their trucks so I had to get all of them down the driveway and across the street into the car. Hannah slipped on some ice and her pants were soaked. She was freezing. Thankfully, I had an extra pair of pants for her and changed her right away, but she was shivering and moaning until she fell asleep on the way to the hospital. My heart was breaking for her. She was having such a bad, bad morning. Sarah was quiet on the way to her appointment, but as soon as we got into the waiting room (only 5 minutes late after all of that), she remembered that she was hungry and let me know she was not pleased about that. Being the sweet baby that she is, she didn't complain as much as I would have if it had been me, but for Sarah, it was complaining. Her big brother and sister forgot their own bad mornings and were very sympathetic to their baby sister, Nathan let her "watch him play" his Game Boy and Hannah "read" to her from her Precious Moments book. We didn't wait long and then Sarah had to go have some yucky gel smeared all over her belly and back while the tech took pictures of her kidneys and bladder. He was questioning her left kidney for fluid, but I wasn't able to tell if he saw any fluid or not. As soon as he was done, Sarah got to eat and she was all better. Nathan and Hannah were absolute angels during the whole visit.
Hannah fell asleep in the car on the way to get lunch and take Nathan to preschool, then she fell asleep again on the couch after we got home. She hardly ate or drank anything today and was pretty listless. It broke my heart when she was sitting on the couch and tears were running down her face, but she wasn't making any noise. My poor little baby.
Some how we got through the rest of the afternoon pretty easily. I let Nathan play his Game Boy a little longer than I should have so that I could comfort Hannah and hold Sarah. Nathan has the sniffles, but doesn't seem to feel bad. He did go to bed early tonight though. I found out tonight that I can snuggle all three of them at the same time. We snuggled while we read our books and sang Twinkle, Twinkle for Hannah, said our prayers and then snuggled them all to sleep. Tomorrow will be a better day. These little sweethearts deserve a break after this day!
3 comments:
Boy do I feel your pain.
The 3 kids here have been dealing with an ongoing unpleasant cold that has not been entirely sniffles, congestion and coughs.
Poor Duncan is having a rough day today. In his words, he "pooed" his pants twice now, and is sitting around in his underwear on the ready to run. (It is really his first time as a big kid having diarrhea and having to worry about his pants.)
I know it doesn't compare to your day, but I understand it. Knowing that you can snuggle them all at once does help, and make it ever just bearable.
Hang in there. This too shall pass.
All I have to say is you survived and it sounds as if you did an incredible job!!! I am not sure I could have done the same. I hope all the kiddos are feeling better. We send lots of hugs and kisses.
On a second note... random thought. I am finding the similarities between Julia and Sarah quite funny. Not only did they bring artic winters with them but home improvements also. During one of the coldest days this winter we had our front door replaced. It also made for one cold household.
Post a Comment