Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fun Wedding Meme





Borrowed this one from Shelia.

1. Where/How did you meet?

In college. He went to high school with my roommate. I met her through a Catholic
Sorority that I joined with a friend. I joined the sorority because of the service
requirement I needed to get into nursing school.

2. How long have you known each other?

10 1/2 years

3. How long after you met did you start dating?

(This one gets me in trouble...) We went on our first date a few months after we met.
But it got weird with my roommate so I didn't call him back and we didn't officially start
dating again until the fall of '97 which was a year after we met.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?

3 1/2 years

5. How long was your engagement?

2 months

6. How long have you been married?

6 years 9 months

7. What is your anniversary?

July 1, 2000

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?

I'm not sure. 100 or so?

9. What kind of cake did you serve?

Several kinds. I only got the one bite and I can't remember the kinds of cake that were
in all of the layers.

10. Where was your wedding?

Lakeway Inn in Austin, Texas. We were married outside at the pool overlooking Lake
Travis.

11. What did you serve for your meal?

A buffet. We didn't eat so I don't remember what was served.

12. How many people were in your bridal party?

4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 ushers

13. Are you still friends with them all?

Yes. 2 are my cousins. 2 are friends from nursing school. One of them is about to move
to England after having her 3rd child so we will live closer to each other than we do now.
We saw all of the groomsmen and ushers (but one) last fall in Texas.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?

No, he was too dehydrated from sweating so much. Just kidding. I cried like a baby.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?

The whole evening was perfect.

16. Any funny moments?

Seeing my sister-in-laws slightly drunk was pretty funny. I had a pretty funny
conversation about music with one of them. My dad was funny. He had a few too many
as well. He pulled me aside after the reception and said, "Nicci, I need to ask you
something". I thought he had some advice or something to tell me regarding marriage.
Instead he said, "Which do you like better, sausage links or patties?" (My dad starts
thinking about breakfast any time he is awake after midnight).

17. Any big disasters?

Not really. I had a temper tantrum before the wedding because I wasn't happy with my
husband's plans for the day. I was mostly just stressed.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?

We drove from Austin to Virginia the morning after our wedding because we were moving
there. We stopped in Dallas and Tennessee along the way. Played golf and went boating.

19. How long were you gone?

We haven't stopped moving since. So I guess you could say we are still on that honeymoon.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?

I would have eaten dinner! I also would have had a huge piece of cake.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

Right side.

22. What size is your bed?

King

23. Greatest strengths as a couple?

We communicate well. We are usually on the same page.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?

I am a planner. He is a procrastinator...ie the night before he left for Brussels, he
had not packed anything!

25. Who literally pays the bills?

He officially pays them all now. He used to let me pay the "little ones" Ha ha--that is a joke
only he will get.

26. What is your song?

Anything from DMB. We don't really have just one. We both love music.

27. What did you dance your first dance to?

When You Say Nothing At All, by Keith Whitley.

28. Describe your wedding dress.

White. Simple. I am not good at describing dresses. (see picture)

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?

Pretty ones. I let the florist do her thing and I was so happy with the results.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved?

Yes, mine has his name on it. His has my name on it.

31. Any special traditions?

I had a little blue purse that my mom wore in her shoe when she got married with a penny
from the year we got married. I wore my grandmother's pearls.

32. What have people said about your wedding?

That it was a lot of fun, but very hot. We have been told repeatedly it was hot. We get it,
July 1st outside in Austin, it was hot.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Seriously...what a fun time!!!! The wedding was beautiful and lake travis couldn't have been more perfect.

Now to think we are married and with kids! How fun.

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet