Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hannah-Isms


Some of the things our sweet 2 1/2 year old says:






K's and C's are T's therefore: "Titty Tat" is the little black friend who comes to our house in the evenings for some love and attention. "T'use me?" is Excuse me? "Tool" is Cool.






G's are D's therefore: "Doddy" is Max and all other 4 legged creatures abundant in Belgium, though it often confuses people who think she is looking for her Daddy. And God is "Dod".



Who is Foo: "Foo is/was that?" is a frequent question.






She is also a tape recorder replaying parental comments. When Nathan is overtired and asks to be carried up to bed, there has been a standard answer given by the parents over the last few weeks. This past week when Daddy was working late and Mommy was carrying a very tired Hannah up, Nathan reached up to be held too. Hannah promptly quoted the response before Mommy could get the words out, through tears which she stopped just long enough to say (scream), "Nathan! You're five years old!"






While watching Nathan's slide show for the billionth time and now filling in her own answers for "Foo is that?", Hannah asked about the picture where Nathan had a band aid on his bum. Mommy explained that she had bitten Nathan there. Hannah: Gasps, in surprise... "I'm so sorry, Mommy!" Then, "Mommy, what is funny?"




Her current favorite toy is the manger from the Little People Nativity scene. She likes to push the top and play Away In A Manger, while dancing, clapping her hands and singing "Happy Birthday" to each person. When told that isn't the "Happy Birthday" song, she says "I know, but I love to sing it!"


During the summer, we were playing with her Little People doll house and she told me that there was a wolf outside the window of the doll house. She reached over and pulled out one of Nathan's Power Ranger guns, "Let me just shoot it, Mommy". Proof that she idolizes an older brother that is ALL boy.
While trying to get the neighbor chien's (dog) attention, Mommy told her the dog might be running because he doesn't know her. Hannah said, "Doddy, I'm Hannah. You know me!"
After her second juice box of the day, Mommy said, "Hannah, you're teeth are going to fall out!" Hannah said, "I'll push them back in!"

Popular phrases:



"I know, but..."



"I'm sad betause..."



"I'M NOT WITTLE!"


She coined Sarah's nickname, "Sawah Dawah" and when she says that she is "Hannah Gwace" she then goes on to say that Sarah is "Sawah Dawah, no Sawah Wisbeth".


And our favorite phrase, "I love you too!" She never just says "I love you", it is always, "I love you too". We think it is because Nathan has always called from across the room, "Mom/Dad I love you!" What she has heard back is what she has learned, "I love you too!"







No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet