Our sweet little laid back Sarah, has learned a few new tricks bordering on manipulation... I couldn't accurately capture the usual expression on her face when she crawls over to us sits right under our feet and raises up her arms, but it seems to say, "Come on. You know you want to pick me up. Whatever you are doing, it couldn't possibly be more important that I am". (In this picture she was reaching up for Hannah so it really is a half-hearted gesture. She's smart enough to know that isn't going to happen. In the second picture she was about to bring on the full on pout because I was holding the camera rather than holding her.)
She reaches for everything all of the time. She has learned to say something that sounds like "More! More! More!" when she reaches for certain foods. She has also learned that if someone almost bumps into her or slightly bumps her that if she conjures up a really loud cry and some realistic tears, that people come running to pick her up and the "bad guy" gets a stern talking to. She has used her mojo on others besides mom and dad, but I think she will soon realize we are all on to her.
1 comment:
Our kids use their mojo to get other parents to push them on the swings. I reserve swinging for our last activity at the park (otherwise I could be pushing forever) and the kids know it, but... they have mastered getting stand-in parents to do their pushing. I just sit back and laugh when it happens!
Post a Comment