I'm happy to report that we are home and just hanging out being "normal" this afternoon. The ophthalmologist felt that his actual eye has still not been affected by the swelling and that the infection is just localized to the tissue underneath his eye. He feels an abscess (which looks so, so bad to me) has developed and that it will continue to become more dense and then "find its way out". They can't drain it at this point because it would only cause damage. We will see the same doctor we saw yesterday on Friday morning and hopefully it will look better.
Nathan has been so brave and his usual easy-going self through everything. He really does amaze me.
The girls stayed with a friend this morning. She was wonderful to take them and to snap me back to reality last night. I was saying out loud that I might have to stay with him overnight, but I just wasn't doing what I needed to do to get organized should that happen. She asked just the right questions and almost guided me along. Strangely enough she had just watched another mom's 2 girls yesterday while their little brother was at the same hospital waiting for lab results. I am so thankful to God for putting her in the right place at the right time. We'd like to ask for prayers for their comfort as their home was broken into last night. Not much was taken, but the feeling of violation has to be 100 times worse than what we dealt with while traveling. Their kids are 6 and 3 and we know from experience that it is much harder to keep a 6 year old in the dark when you have to explain the situation over and over again. Just pray for them to find peace and security and that their children remain oblivious.
So Daddy asked for another picture. I wish it looked better, but the abscess is quite nasty looking. At least now it seems that all of the doctors agree that this is the best treatment and it will get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment