Friday, July 25, 2008

Oh, And About That Eye

I didn't take a picture today, but it really does look better. The doctor felt his vision is still fine and he is comfortable with the progress. We will continue the antibiotics for at least another week and see the ophthalmologist next Thursday (I completely irritated the receptionist today when I couldn't understand her accent and thought she was saying Tuesday rather than Thursday--she went through the calendar pointing and saying the days of the week along with the dates very loudly until we reached an understanding. That was fun. At least today after our third trip, when the receptionist told me in French that the bill would be sent to our home, I was able to nod and say, "D'accord," like a good girl).
Today was the day we had to say a final goodbye to our friends. His "very, very best friend" who is moving to Boston. It was hard on both boys. Hard for all of us, even though I haven't really forced myself to admit they really are leaving on Monday. We'll miss them so much. We can take comfort in the fact that his mother is Belgian and if any of our friends who are leaving are likely to come back, it is them. As they drove away, he's asked me as he asks each time a friend has left, "Will we never see them again?" I answered as I always do, "I really hope so, Buddy". Expat life is not easy.
Daddy will be home tomorrow and here all week (I think). Yay! We've missed you, Daddy.

No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet