The clouds blew over that night and we woke up to
the beautiful view from our room.
We had to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and
play with the owner's dog, Rio, in the garden.
We loaded up to drive north to Lisdoonvarna,
but first stopped for a hike and photo ops.
Then we stopped at the beach. I can't tell you how
disappointed the kids were that we couldn't actually swim.
It was COLD! We had our kids wear their rain boots and
just walked up to the edge collecting shells. We're no fun,
but we have already experienced cold, and wet kids at
a beach in Belgium and we didn't want a repeat of that experience.
.
Just to give you some idea of what driving in Ireland
is like. That is our friends' van in front of us and this
road is pretty typical. This is a two lane road, curving
and winding with posted speed limits of 100 km/hour.
I don't think we ever got up that fast (posted speed limits
in Belgium on the freeway are 120 km/hour) and there-
fore our expected arrival times according to the GPS, were
often way off. All that and remembering to drive on the left
hand side of the road and to go left in the roundabouts.
So thankful that Daddy drove the entire time. (Not that he could
have used it anyway, but there is no cruise control in our van...
and I'm sure I've mentioned, it is not automatic).
To Be Continued.....
No comments:
Post a Comment