After a few days of feeling iffy, our entire family completely crashed on Sunday. We had a very busy weekend including tee ball, birthday parties, dinner guests and Sushi Sunday after church. Sunday afternoon there were 5 unmoving lumps on the couch. Daddy left for Germany yesterday and the rest of us headed to the doctor. (It feels like we just did this!) The girls are all on antibiotics. Hannah and I for throat infections and Sarah for an ear infection and impetigo. Her nose has run most of her life, but for the last couple of days, I have suctioned her and cleaned her up almost continuously. Thankfully the antibiotics are working pretty quickly on her impetigo. Keeping her skin clean is almost impossible. Nothing to make me feel more like "Mother of the year" than reading that impetigo can be prevented by "good hygiene practices". Today I am finally feeling like I can actually take better care of her. Yesterday I was worthless. I kept all 3 kids at home even though Nathan could have probably gone after we left the doctor. It was hard having all of them home, but I wasn't up to getting out of the house again.
Today the big kids are back in school and Sarah and I are working on "practicing good hygiene".
I have canceled everything this week. Even though I don't always like to admit it, things carry on just fine without us. We need to slow down and it feels nice once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment