We had a rough night. Three kids with 5 different stomach emptyings. The washing machine and dryer have been running almost nonstop since around 11 last night. All three were home today although not feeling bad enough to keep them from fighting over toys and what movie to watch, they did get some good rest in and so far we have not had any repeat performances.
Last night our oldest child emptied his stomach directly into the toilet and flushed it away without even calling for either one of us. We had both moved to the couch because child number 2 had aimed less at the toilet and more at our bed. I am frustrated with myself for being frustrated that they didn't all keep things so nice and neat. Last night I was exhausted and having some severe tooth pain and was completely impatient with my little ones. I don't mean to wish it away. I was looking back at life 3 years ago (just before we moved here) and saw this post. So little. The possibility of leaving here has brought up a lot of emotions that are hard to express and I have spent some time looking back at life before and during our last big move. Three years ago last week we put our house on the market. Three years ago tomorrow we sent our family dog (who Sarah talks about constantly at the moment) to live with our Mimaw and Yehyeh in San Antonio. Three years ago this upcoming weekend our little one, just a few weeks old was baptized. Three years ago next week, I wrote about feeling like someone was fast-forwarding through my children's lives and how I was wishing for a pause button. Interesting how now when it feels like someone pushed pause (meaning that we are just waiting to hear, will we be moving now, will we be moving later, or will we be staying here a little longer?), we find ourselves wishing someone would fast-forward again. Three weeks from now it will have been 3 years since we dropped our Daddy off to catch a Brussels bound plane. How did that happen? I'm pretty sure the fast-forward button is still being pressed at least intermittently.
1 comment:
That is the saddest pic ever! Poor babies. I hope they get better soon.
Post a Comment