Friday, April 02, 2010

SOOOOO Much To Do....

So little motivation.  I'm tired.  Even more tired than I am after the usual long Daddlyless stretch.  Can't type complete sentences.

When we last updated, we were having a little chuckle at my landlord's son's expense (or was it my expense?).  Since then there have been a few more conversations with said landlord's son, but they were less funny.  Our landlords work fast...his calls were to arrange a showing of the house.  Already!?!?  Then I discovered something great...he knows how to text.  Much, much better. 

This past week flew by.  Before I knew it, it was Wednesday (my mom's birthday) and I had a fantasy about getting the kids together and having them sing "Happy Birthday to Nana" to post here.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  Only one was still awake to say it on the phone.  Sorry, Mom.

We saw a house online and both really, really liked it.  We contacted our realtor and asked her if she could go take more pictures for us.  She did.  We liked it even more.  So did lots of other people.  We didn't get our hopes up.  Wednesday afternoon I found myself signing, initialing and faxing with 5 kids at our house (guilt makes a mom schedule multiple playdates at a time to make up for being busy and relocating children),
frequent phone conversations with my husband regarding the scheduling of the movers/packers, cleaners and delivery of the electronics others have bought from us, on top of coordinating signing and faxing.  It felt so stressful and I was beginning to think we were crazy for going through all of that to make an offer that just ended up being 1 of 5.

Friends were meeting for dinner at McD's so we joined them.  In the chaos of the day I just described, I also finally made it by Nathan's classroom to talk with his teacher about the Easter party I had signed up for (at the beginning of school) on Thursday.  She was very, very nice about it, but she pointed out that the craft (painting clay eggs) would only take about 20 minutes and the party was to last 1 1/2 hours.  I told her I had some ideas for games, but that I wasn't sure if any other moms were coming to help.  (One did and she was so sweet!)  I could tell his teacher was annoyed, but not with me really, just the situation.  Anyway, the party turned out just fine. 

I was up late with last minute Easter party planning and taking phone calls about the ongoing home offer saga.  All odds were against us since we were not willing to give the owners occupancy after closing.  Just doesn't work with our relo situation...

Thursday morning we headed out with cameras in tow to the Elementary School Assembly.  Nathan had a part in a little play.  So cute.  I have videos, but just not the energy to upload them.  Next we headed to Hannah's Easter party.  I was NOT in charge of that one.  Just an annoying spectator.  The kind game planner of the 3 parents helping with that party let me use the game she had made herself(yes, some people are awesome like that) for Nathan's party.  Sarah enjoyed herself at Hannah's Easter party, but we only stayed through the snack since I needed to get to the store for a few more party supplies and then we needed to get lunch. 

After lunch we watched a little Dora and then off to Nathan's party.  After a very busy hour and a half of entertaining 11 2nd graders and trying to keep one crabby 3 year old from acting crabby, I headed over to Hannah's class to get Hannah and her sweet friend, loaded down with bags of party stuff, Nathan's school stuff (he went home with a friend) and a huge selection of art projects made by my little art loving 5 year old.  My feet were hurting.  Sarah was screaming. 

We made it home.  Three little girls played together better than three little girls ever play together and I got the girls' closets completely organized.  The problem was that while I was organizing the closets, the three little girls played so well together by destroying any semblance of orgaznization in the play room.

Yesterday evening, I got a very surprising phone call.  My husband was calling to inform me that the occupancy thing was going to be sorted out and we were looking like the offer that would be accepted.  A little shocked.  Still.

So today, more signing, initialing and faxing.  Our offer was accepted and sale is contingent on inspection (the first time one of us will actually see this house other than in pictures).  The closing is set for May 20th (my dad's birthday) and move in a month later.  It still feels very surreal since the whole thing has been kind of virtual.

If all goes well at the inspection (a week from this coming Monday), it will be a huge relief in many ways.  There was some shuffling around going on this week trying to figure out the school situation for Nathan.  We'd like him to finish 2nd grade in the school he'll attend 3rd grade in the fall so he can make some friends and get settled.  It was starting to feel a little stressful earlier in the week still waiting for temporary housing to be set up and realizing the temporary housing was not going to be in the right zone.  It was more complicated that we thought it would be.

Through all of the crazyness and chaos, we've tried to keep it all held up to God.  Asking Him to take care of the details.  He is so faithful!

We're finally at the end of the Daddyless stretch.  He is on a plane right now leaving Brazil and heading our way.  We'll see him late tomorrow afternoon.  Since this is our first Easter not to be traveling (although we do have our hands even more full than if we were), I have some egg dying plans for our little ones tomorrow.  (I'll need to keep on praying those prayers...my last hours on my own always seem to be my hardest).

Packers come Wednesday. We have just 3 days with Daddy to get the rest of the organizing done and fill out the insurance and US Customs papers, deliver sold items, sell cars....SOOOOO much to do.

Here's a picture from the ones that enticed us...the kitchen where I spend most of my life...
Can you see me in there?  I can.  And now I know how to use more than the microwave. :)

4 comments:

Kat said...

Its beautiful! I know it must be a relief to be able to put Nathan in school where he will be the following year!

Jennifer Lee said...

How exciting!! I am so happy for you!

The Crites Family said...

Oh wow! Can you believe how much space you'll have in that kitchen?? :-) AWESOME! Keep charging through...once you're on the other side of the ocean, all this craziness will feel like a distant memory and you'll only remember the best parts!

The Boos from Booville said...

Thinking about you guys a lot! So happy to have you coming back.

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet