Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New

Today we got new snow.
 Actually, we're still getting new snow...
I have no idea how many inches have fallen--I'm guessing 2?  Maybe 3?  Because I am husband-less tonight, I just did what he has started to do when he's here (since we purchased the snow blower on my birthday).  I waited until I heard our neighbors using their snow blowers and then copied them.  Seems a strange thing to clear the driveway now when it is still snowing and snow is predicted all night, but this is definitely a refresher course in winter for me, so I'm copying off the guy next to me and in front of me.

I'm trying to be all nonchalant about this "winter weather", but honestly I don't know what to expect.  At least in Texas, if there is snow, I know that the world as we know it comes to a complete stop.  Here?  There are salt trucks and plows coming back out at 2 AM to get the roads ready for the morning commute according to the news.  Thank you for your efficiency, Detroit.

So I'm fully expecting to have to drive my children to school in the morning.  It was stressful enough for me to pick them up this afternoon.  I know I drive like a grandma anyway, but in the snow I drive like a grandma in the snow.  Better than being one of those other cars we saw slipping around intersections as we drove home this afternoon.  My children were slightly disappointed that I canceled our afternoon play date and dinner plans with friends, but they were very understanding.  My friend probably thought, "Texas transplants are total wimps!", but she didn't say that.

Also new today...
Do you think these glasses make me look smarter?

"Nah, you can still see your face".


Guess which one of my kids said that!? 

Just kidding...Rizzo to Marti.  Come on.  My kids know better.

I opted for the self portrait after a few attempts from the kids.  Pictures taken from below are never really a good thing.
Here is an attempt by my lovely 6 year old.  Even though it appears so, I was not dancing.  I was making dinner.  I was doing my best to appease her after she started crying when she saw me delete the first picture she took.  Oops.

This was taken by her brother after I sat down seeing the up the nose shot that resulted from me standing over my 6 year old, but it was too far away to really see my new glasses...which was the point.

And this one taken by her little sister. Her brother praised this one a little too much, creating even more hurt feelings than her mother did by deleting the first one.  I'm so glad Oprah started a network so my children have plenty of resources to call and complain to once they learn how to use a phone.

For the record, I did offer another sitting down shot to my distraught 6 year old after she saw the deletion, but she had to be dramatic for a little while longer.  By the time she was ready to take my picture again, it had to be an action shot or dinner would never be ready.  She was satisfied after I praised her creativity.  All was well by dinner time.

I don't think I've ever posted this many pictures of me on one posting.  Obviously, I did not get new hair today.  All of the TSE girls in this house need to visit a salon sooner rather than later.  We've been wearing lots of hats.

1 comment:

The Boos from Booville said...

Love the new glasses pretty lady! Love the snow too...the girls really want to see real snow.

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet