Friday, January 14, 2011

Pretty

I love red barns in the snow.

Although the snow adds significant time necessary to get out of the door and has made our car so nasty inside that I can hardly stand it, falling snow is pretty, the snow piled high all around our house is pretty and red barns in the snow are pretty.

Making snow angels is fun.  So is jumping off of the playset and screaming "CANNON BALL!!!"  (At least it looks like fun).

We've had friends to play and they've gone to play with friends this week.  Yesterday for the first time since we began this crazy drop off/pick up/drop off/pick up thing, I was home by myself for 2 hours.  I've had several times without kids, but I've always been grocery shopping or running errands.  Being home aone was really nice though.  I wasn't supposed to be alone the whole time.  A microwave repair guy was supposed to join me at some point, but he didn't.  He's lucky I've lived in Belgium.  I didn't even call to see why no one showed up until this morning and when I was told, "Ma'am, you are on the schedule for Monday morning", I didn't even ask why--just said, "Thank you" and hung up.  We've been waiting on this repair for over two weeks, but in Belgium time, that is like two days, so we're good.
Wish I could be that laid back in all of life's little stressors.  Like, um, kids who "forget" to brush their teeth almost every single morning, or kids who continually leave lights on all over the house, or kids who always look for a snack when I say, "Come on we need to go!"  Maybe I need to live in Kid Country for about 3 years.  Wait, I think I already do.  It's not working.
Nice to have Daddy home.  Nice to have enough snow for sledding.  Nice to have a three day weekend.  

2 comments:

Kat said...

Did you actually take the barn pics?? If so you have a great drive!

Tse Family said...

Our suburb and the ones around us have lots of working farms in them. So many times I'm driving around and suddenly I'm on a dirt road. Weird, but kinda cool. I've heard a little about how some of our neighbors have these co-ops where they can buy meat and dairy directly from these farmers, but I need to learn more about it. So, yes these are some of the barns around us. There are more, but a lot of times it is too hard to stop and take a picture. There are several farms on the same street the kid's school is on--they still have tons of little pumpkins sitting out in the snow.

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet