I think there are just two ice skating lessons left. The progress in the first session was so amazing going from barely being able to stand up to full on skating, that now each week seems very similar. She moved up two levels after the first session and is with some much bigger and older kids, but she found a new friend on Sunday who is her age and just happened to be in the same recital Sarah was in last weekend. I chatted with her mom and grandparents during the lesson and tried not to be jealous that her grandparents were actually there instead of having to watch a video. I learned that her parents both work and her grandfather is the one doing all of the after school activities with her. I found it amusing that I was discussing the challenges of dragging along siblings to dance class with him, but he was nice and I got their names and info so hopefully we'll see them again.
So here's the last video I uploaded the other night. I still have to go through and watch/upload Nathan's football game videos to add, but tonight I'm tired again. I spent much of the afternoon dealing with and worrying about our one-eyed dog. The ulceration on his eye has gotten worse and now he's on pain medication, another eye drop that dilates his pupil and the antibiotics. I feel like I'm back at work giving meds every 3 hours--I even have a teeny little NICU like syringe for our little guy. Although in this case, I'm fairly certain I miss a dose or two every day. I had a chance to update Joe (he's in New Orleans this week) and mentioned that the vet said if his eye didn't improve, he might need surgery.
And I quote, "Um, yeah, he can just wear a patch".
So my mission is to keep up with all of his meds and get him better so that we don't have some weird looking pirate dog. I wish I really could watch him the way the vet seems to think I do when he continually asks me, "Is he scratching at his eye?" Um, I have three kids and I know he was once our only "baby", but those days have long passed and now that I'm trying to put something in his eye every time I see him, he's not exactly hanging around my feet. I did learn that dogs have three eyelids today. Who knew?
Tonight I also struggled again with third grade math homework. I can't remember all of these math words and my son has inherited his dad's ability to do everything in his head, while I have to write everything down. We're getting through it. I better figure it out. I have two more future third graders. Fourth grade math might require that I take up drinking. :)
So here's our skater girl...
Hannah Ice Skating from tsechief on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment